Welcome to the Power Electronics for Advanced Renewable Systems Laboratory, or the PEARS Lab.
The mission of the PEARS Lab is to transform renewable and clean-energy systems through innovations in power electronics and control to enable a technologically-advanced and clean-powered global society. Our focus is to explore and realize creative solutions to problems for renewable energy systems, electric vehicles, electric transportation, smart grid interaction, and more.
National Taiwan University
Department of Electrical Engineering
EE Building 2
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan 106
- Power Electronics (DC-DC Converters and Inverters) for Photovoltaic Systems
- Energy Harvesting Power Electronics for Wearables and Internet of Things
- Photovoltaic Cell/Panel Electric and Thermal Modeling
- Modeling and Simulation of Converters and Controller Design
- Engineering Education (see Prof. Kim’s YouTube Channel)